The International Military Student Office (IMSO) will create the conditions and climate for sustained professional growth and success of our international Students and Instructors while promoting a favorable impression of the American way of life; and to support the Security Assistance Training Program (SATP) objectives through:
International Program – Provide the International Military Students (IMS’s) with advance information to assist them as they travel to Fort Bliss, in-class information, and preparation for their return journey to their home country.
Administration – Manage all matters pertaining to administration, liaison, personal affairs, welfare, discipline, and official activities of International Military Students (IMS’s).
Courses – Assist the IMS in developing expertise and systems needed for effective management and operations of its armed forces in rapport with the U.S. Armed Forces while attending the USASMA.
Field Studies (Formerly, “Informational Program”) – Provide a better understanding of the United States, its people, political system, military, institutions, and way of life through Department of the Army’s Field Studies.
Graduates – Maintain contact with USASMA International Officer Graduates. Recognize high level achievements by induction into the International Officer Hall of Fame.
Sponsorship – Plan, coordinate and execute Department of the Army’s International Officer Sponsorship Programs. Motto is “American Volunteerism at Work”
The International Military Student Office (IMSO) serves as the focal point at the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy for all matters pertaining to International Military Students, MPEP instructors and their families. This includes in/out processing, resolving issues and family member support. The International Military Student Office implements the Department of Defense Field Studies Program and conducts educational activities which enhance a balanced understanding of U.S. society, ideas and institutions and commitment to internationally recognized human rights. The International Military Student Office serves as student point of contact for future international training programs.
The International Military Student Office is committed to providing the highest quality training to international military personnel. We will accomplish this through active involvement and cooperation of all school personnel fostered by teamwork, open communications, integrity, and full utilization of all resources.
International Military Student Office:
- Values tradition while encouraging innovation
- Safeguards people, resources, and the environment
- International Military Student Office shall:
- 1. Accomplish the international military training mission through effective leadership and teamwork
- 2. Promote the dignity and well being of all students, staff, and their families
- 3. Encourage continuous improvement of processes, technical skills and international personnel development
- 4. Be responsive to our customers
- International Military Student Office is committed to:
- 1. The highest ethical standards
- 2. Equal opportunity for all
- 3. Open and effective communications
- 4. Supporting the chain of command
- 5. Excellence